The Great Smoky Mountains are among the oldest in the world and a true American icon, evoking images of early American settlers and the rich cultural tapestry of Southern Appalachian history. Our enhanced, museum quality, giclee reproductions of the original 1940 Smoky Mountains map are the perfect representation of that history.
The original 1940 map was created for the dedication of the park by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and serves as an iconic piece of park history. A distinctive aesthetic takes the viewer back in time, instilling an indelible bond between present and past, while our enhanced archival print transforms this rich history into a contemporary work.
The famous Appalachian trail drives straight through the heart of the park and has been an international attraction for hikers since its completion in 1937. Some 2 million people attempt this through hike annually and when hikers? journey takes them through the Great Smoky National Park they find the highest elevation of the entire trail.
The Museum level quality of this enhanced reproduction brings the piece to life and provides a real sense of connection to the history of the park and region. Printed on heavy matte stock and ready for framing this print is perfect as a gift for the hikers and history buffs in your life, or a unique addition to your own space. Add a layer of visual and historical depth to any home, office or classroom.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1940 Great Smoky Mountains Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1940 Great Smoky Mountains Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.