- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1866 Texas Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1866 Texas Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This restored and enhanced 1866 map of Texas was created by Schönberg & Co. during the American Civil War and depicts the land in a time of transition and uncertainty. Officially entered into record as the Civil War was over and Texas was being re-instated to the union this map depicts the significance to the rebuilding of the country and the official boundaries of Texas during reconstruction. The topographical relief is a testament to the advances that had been made in cartography and this print is a remarkable piece of history for anyone interested in the American west.
This was also the official map when the Constitution of Texas was signed in 1866. This Constitution abolished slavery, declared the Order of Secession null and void, repudiated war debt, and established some civil rights for freedman. This constitution also established both Texas A&M and The University of Texas, Austin making this a unique piece of history Alumni.
Restored and enhanced in a visually stunning print on heavy matte stock with archival ink, this reproduction is sure to make an impression on all viewers transporting them to a different time and place. This historically significant print will arrive ready to frame in a sturdy cardboard tube ensuring 100% satisfaction. The perfect gift for any lover of American, Texas, or Civil War history this print will enhance any space with a sense of heritage and aesthetic majesty. At home, in the office, classroom, study, or library our restored and enhanced print is sure to capture the imagination.