Published a century before the American Revolution, this depiction of Pennsylvania shows its establishment after William Penn founded the province in 1861. This map is one of the earliest illustrations of what would become one of the most iconic places in American History, and this artifact allows historians and genealogists a glimpse int the past. By showing landholders names, records can be developed, giving a rare insight into how the state would evolve and who would ultimately shape its future.
The English took control of the colony in 1667, and Penn, an English Quaker, established the settlement based on a foundation of religious tolerance. Philadelphia had become one of the most prominent cities in the colonies, and the Colonial Capital in 1682, and would become the capital of the nation for a brief period following the American Revolution. The city is one of the oldest and most iconic in America and has been pivotal in shaping the country.
The proximity to the Delaware River allowed the state to flourish as an important center for early trade. During this time, the western portion of the land was disputed between French and English control, with the French eventually given up their claims in the region.
Pennsylvania’s establishment attracted numerous settlers from all over Northern Europe, including vast numbers of German’s and Scots who would influence the culture and leave permanent marks on Pennsylvania’s heritage. The distinctive aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1687 Philadelphia Pennsylvania Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1687 Philadelphia Pennsylvania Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.