- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1687 Map of Pennsylvania Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1687 Map of Pennsylvania State. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published a century before the American Revolution, this depiction of Pennsylvania shows its establishment after William Penn founded the province in 1861. This map is one of the earliest illustrations of what would become one of the most iconic places in American History, and this artifact allows historians and genealogists a glimpse int the past. By showing landholders names, records can be developed, giving a rare insight into how the state would evolve and who would ultimately shape its future.
The English took control of the colony in 1667, and Penn, an English Quaker, established the settlement based on a foundation of religious tolerance. Philadelphia had become one of the most prominent cities in the colonies, and the Colonial Capital in 1682, and would become the capital of the nation for a brief period following the American Revolution. The city is one of the oldest and most iconic in America and has been pivotal in shaping the country.
The proximity to the Delaware River allowed the state to flourish as an important center for early trade. During this time, the western portion of the land was disputed between French and English control, with the French eventually given up their claims in the region.
Pennsylvania’s establishment attracted numerous settlers from all over Northern Europe, including vast numbers of German’s and Scots who would influence the culture and leave permanent marks on Pennsylvania’s heritage. The distinctive aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.