- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1722 Boston Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1722 Boston Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Boston, Massachusetts, is one of the most iconic American cities, and its rich history dates back to 1635 when it was founded. It boasted not only the vast harbor and port but was also the most populated city until the mid 18th century. The local economy soared amid the shipping and fishing boom, especially in the 1720s, when this map was produced and published. Interestingly this piece of cartographical history contains records of significant fires in the cities history, as well as a notation regarding the smallpox outbreak of 1721, which was the sixth to surge through the city.
This was a lively era for Boston, and any fan of American history will understand the importance of the city as the colonies began the long journey that would culminate in the American Revolution. Known for its revolutionary spirit Boston became known for its role as a central point for much of the organizing of American freedom activists.
This map transports the viewer back to the time of the great sailing vessels, fully rigged and returning to Boston harbor. The harbor and coastline, in general, have always shaped the cities culture, and it has been a deep part of American Maritime history since its discovery in 1614. Geographically sheltered to the south by Cape Cod, the harbor enjoys a respite from open Atlantic swells and allowed safe passage for exports to Europe.
The history of Boston in one of its most defining periods is summed up by this depiction, which shows the progress the city made in less than 100 years.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.