- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1763 Florida Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1763 Map of Florida Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Florida was released from Spanish governance and control was transferred to the British under the terms of the Treaty of Paris in 1763, the year this map was published. This piece of cartographical history is particularly interesting as it was published to establish economic and geographical boundaries that would influence the region for years to come. Britain held control of the two territories for the next twenty years before returning control to Spain in 1783.
The territory was divided as Britain deemed it too vast to be ruled under a single administration. The colonies were separated by the Apalachicola River, with East Florida comprising of the bulk of what had been Spanish colonies.
The Capital of East Florida was established in St. Augustine with West Florida naming Pensacola as their capital city. Pensacola was the busiest port city of its time as it laid claim the deepest harbor waters in the Gulf of Mexico. Following the transfer, Britain proceeded to increase defenses around the city and established Fort Barrancas, which is now a National Historic Landmark. During this time West Florida’s border extended to the mouth of the Mississippi River and many English and Scotch-Irish immigrants settled in the area
St. Augustine is home to Fort Matanzas, built by the Spanish in 1742 to guard the inlet to the Matanzas River, it is now a United States National Monument. The city also boasts of the Castillo de Sani Marcos, which is the oldest masonry fort in the United States and also a National Monument.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.