- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality black framed historic reproduction of 1770 Poland Wall Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1770 Map of Poland Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in the latter part of the nineteenth century, this distinct and ornate depiction of Poland and Lithuania shows the nations in a period of massive internal reform and increased political power from progressive urban social classes. These conditions created a more robust economy for the country, and the most populous city Warsaw became the leading center for trade.
Produced by German cartographer Job Mayer and published by London Barrister John Bowles, this stunning representation immediately transports the viewer back in time. The Bar Confederation from 1768 to 1782 was a rebellion by the nobility who sought to retain independence for the nation as well as the traditional establishment of noble culture. After the suppression of the Bar Confederation, the commonwealth of Poland was divided into Prussia, Russia, and Austria, which became known as the First Partition of Poland. This is considered by historians to have happened due to Poland’s loss of significant influence in Northeastern Europe in the second half of the eighteenth century. Another contributing factor was the shifting powers of Russia and Europe during this period.
English interest in Eastern European politics was peaked in the eighteenth century as civil unrest in English colonies in America were influencing geopolitical sentiment across Western Europe as well as England. As boundaries shift and new nations are formed, these historical maps provide a rare glimpse of the past and give the viewer a real sense of history. This is a genuine piece of Eastern European cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.