Produced one year before the conclusion of the American Revolution, this land ownership map of Philadelphia depicts the city in one of the most important parts of its History. Engraved and hand-colored by Matthew Albert Lotter, these maps were of particular interest for Europeans who were fascinated by the American Revolution, since Philadelphia was the capital of the Continental Army this was actually a depiction of the city in 1752. By this time, the iconic city would have seen the great thinkers of the time like Benjamin Franklin gathered around the town square, and the early calls for independence from Great Britain were murmuring.
Few cities have a history as rich as Philadelphia, and this unique depiction shows it in a truly significant time. The Liberty Bell had been commissioned and installed to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Charter of Privileges. Philadelphia was enjoying a prosperous time and had even opened the first hospital in the American colonies in this year.
By providing the names of landowners, these maps are an invaluable tool for genealogists and historians to develop a picture of daily life in North America and understand how the country took shape. Independence Hall, or the State House, as shown here, opened in 1753 and is one of the most famous buildings in American History. The Declaration of Independence was signed here, and the United States Constitution was debated over and adopted in what is widely considered the birthplace of the United States of America.
Our museum quality giclee Philadelphia vintage map print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage Philadelphia map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1777 Map of Philadelphia Pennsylvania . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1777 Map of Philadelphia Pennsylvania . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.