- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1777 Map of New Jersey State. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1777 Map of New Jersey State. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published just one year after the American Revolution broke out, this depiction of New Jersey shows the colony in a time of great transition and tumult. The significant Battle of Trenton occurred in December 1776 after General Washington made the dangerous trip across the icy Delaware River and defeated the Hessian troops encamped in Trenton. The Continental Army’s victory at this battle marked a significant turning point in the revolution and would become deeply symbolic in the lore of the nation’s founding. Less than a week later, General Washington would defeat British forces led by Cornwallis in the Second Battle of Trenton.
Following these victories, a third pivotal battle was fought in Princeton in 1777, with General Washington forcing the British out of southern New Jersey and establishing continental dominance. Following this victory, the town hosted the first session of their State Legislature under their State Constitution and created the state seal, Governor, and governmental organization. The city is also home to the Bainbridge House, which has been standing since 1766 and was home to the Continental Congress in 1783, making it the nation’s capital for four months.
While the War for Independence would continue for another eight years, New Jersey would see less conflict in the later period of the conflict. On December 18, 1787, it would become the third state to ratify the Constitution of the United States. The distinctive aesthetic of this piece of cartographical History immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic price of American History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map New Jersey reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.