- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1777 Philadelphia Map Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1777 Framed Philadelphia Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced one year before the conclusion of the American Revolution, this land ownership map of Philadelphia depicts the city in one of the most important parts of its History. Engraved and hand-colored by Matthew Albert Lotter, these maps were of particular interest for Europeans who were fascinated by the American Revolution, since Philadelphia was the capital of the Continental Army this was actually a depiction of the city in 1752. By this time, the iconic city would have seen the great thinkers of the time like Benjamin Franklin gathered around the town square, and the early calls for independence from Great Britain were murmuring.
have a history as rich as Philadelphia, and this unique depiction shows it in a truly significant time. The Liberty Bell had been commissioned and installed to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Charter of Privileges. Philadelphia was enjoying a prosperous time and had even opened the first hospital in the American colonies in this year.
By providing the names of landowners, these maps are an invaluable tool for genealogists and historians to develop a picture of daily life in North America and understand how the country took shape. Independence Hall, or the State House, as shown here, opened in 1753 and is one of the most famous buildings in American History. The Declaration of Independence was signed here, and the United States Constitution was debated over and adopted in what is widely considered the birthplace of the United States of America.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.