- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1777 New Jersey Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1777 New Jersey Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published just one year after the American Revolution broke out, this depiction of New Jersey shows the colony in a time of great transition and tumult. The significant Battle of Trenton occurred in December 1776 after General Washington made the dangerous trip across the icy Delaware River and defeated the Hessian troops encamped in Trenton. The Continental Army’s victory at this battle marked a significant turning point in the revolution and would become deeply symbolic in the lore of the nation’s founding. Less than a week later, General Washington would defeat British forces led by Cornwallis in the Second Battle of Trenton.
Following these victories, a third pivotal battle was fought in Princeton in 1777, with General Washington forcing the British out of southern New Jersey and establishing continental dominance. Following this victory, the town hosted the first session of their State Legislature under their State Constitution and created the state seal, Governor, and governmental organization. The city is also home to the Bainbridge House, which has been standing since 1766 and was home to the Continental Congress in 1783, making it the nation’s capital for four months.
While the War for Independence would continue for another eight years, New Jersey would see less conflict in the later period of the conflict. On December 18, 1787, it would become the third state to ratify the Constitution of the United States. The distinctive aesthetic of this piece of cartographical History immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic price of American History.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.