- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1780 Map of Charleston SC Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1780 Charleston Map Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
The American War for Independence proved a grueling struggle that tested the will and resolve of a fledgling nation and the empire it broke from. The British government, stalled in the revolutionary fervent New England despite initial successes, turned to the more Loyalist south in order to defeat the Americans.
A key part of the British southern campaign involved the capture of Charleston, South Carolina. The future state’s capital was one of the largest cities in the southern colonies. The Siege of Charleston of 1780 lasted nearly two months and proved one of the most devastating defeats for the Continental Army in the southern theater. Many American commanders died, and Charleston fell to the British on May 12.
This map records the layout of British units during the Siege. The original printing is believed to date to the siege itself and appears designed to commemorate a pivotal victory for the British. The detail of siege works and the Army layout are clearly marked despite the limited coloration of the map itself. With this map you can follow the siege as the British achieve their pivotal victory against the Continental forces and their French allies.
Though a debilitating defeat in the short term, it would not take long for the Americans to rally. Thanks in large part to their French allies and successes further north, the American cause would continue to fight and eventually succeed.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.