- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1789 New York Canvas Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1789 New York City Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
1789 was an incredibly important year for the new nation as it had defeated the British, and the monumental task of creating and implementing democratic rule had been undertaken by the Congress of the Confederation, which had assembled in New York City in 1785. The Continental Congress ratified the Constitution of the United States in 1789, and it was also the year General George Washington was inaugurated as the first President of the fledgling United States. The nation's capital at the time, New York City, was undergoing a significant transition, and the United States itself was beginning to navigate freedom from British rule. New York City was becoming the cultural center, and it's thriving financial markets, and bustling port provided an economic boom.
New York City became the most populated city in the nation in 1790, and the growth would only continue. In the 19th century, the population would go from around 65,000 to nearly 3.5 million. This map indexes the notable buildings of the time and allows historians to create a vision for what daily life would have been like in the late 18th century.
With the formation of the stock market to follow three years later, New York was rapidly developing, and by offering merchants more for their imported goods, the city was able to economically surpass both Boston and Philadelphia as the leading hub for imports. The city always held a cosmopolitan attitude, and its resident's tolerance for immigrants allowed the diversity it is known for today.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.