- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1789 Wall Map of New York City Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1789 New York Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
1789 was an incredibly important year for the new nation as it had defeated the British, and the monumental task of creating and implementing democratic rule had been undertaken by the Congress of the Confederation, which had assembled in New York City in 1785. The Continental Congress ratified the Constitution of the United States in 1789, and it was also the year General George Washington was inaugurated as the first President of the fledgling United States. The nation's capital at the time, New York City, was undergoing a significant transition, and the United States itself was beginning to navigate freedom from British rule. New York City was becoming the cultural center, and it's thriving financial markets, and bustling port provided an economic boom.
New York City became the most populated city in the nation in 1790, and the growth would only continue. In the 19th century, the population would go from around 65,000 to nearly 3.5 million. This map indexes the notable buildings of the time and allows historians to create a vision for what daily life would have been like in the late 18th century.
With the formation of the stock market to follow three years later, New York was rapidly developing, and by offering merchants more for their imported goods, the city was able to economically surpass both Boston and Philadelphia as the leading hub for imports. The city always held a cosmopolitan attitude, and its resident's tolerance for immigrants allowed the diversity it is known for today.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.