- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1792 Pennsylvania State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1792 Pennsylvania State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published nearly a decade after the conclusion of the American Revolution, this unique depiction of Pennsylvania shows the state in a time of great significance for the burgeoning United States. Philadelphia had also been a center of revolutionary thought and activity. The state had been the site to numerous pivotal battles in the revolution, as well as the iconic crossing of the Delaware River by George Washington. Philadelphia had been central to the colonial rebellion, and Pennsylvania was becoming a leader in the new countries' bustling economy.
Pennsylvania became the first large state to ratify the Constitution and was the most ethnically and religiously diverse of the thirteen colonies at the time. In this period, Philadelphia was the most prominent urban city in the United States, even bearing the nickname "Athens of America." After being moved south from New York City, Philadelphia became the official capital of the United States from 1790 to 1800 before the ultimate establishment of Washington DC. The iconic city was also the host of the First Continental Congress and site of the drafting of the American Constitution.
The late 18th century was a significant time in American History, and Pennsylvania was in a time of great transition. The region experienced great prosperity due to its flourishing agricultural economy, which produced surpluses of wheat, corn, and flax. This drove the ports around Philadelphia to also thrive, and it was the largest center of population in the United States at the time. This depiction is an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching old Pennsylvania map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.