- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1792 Pennsylvania Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1792 Pennsylvania State Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published nearly a decade after the conclusion of the American Revolution, this unique depiction of Pennsylvania shows the state in a time of great significance for the burgeoning United States. Philadelphia had also been a center of revolutionary thought and activity. The state had been the site to numerous pivotal battles in the revolution, as well as the iconic crossing of the Delaware River by George Washington. Philadelphia had been central to the colonial rebellion, and Pennsylvania was becoming a leader in the new countries' bustling economy.
Pennsylvania became the first large state to ratify the Constitution and was the most ethnically and religiously diverse of the thirteen colonies at the time. In this period, Philadelphia was the most prominent urban city in the United States, even bearing the nickname "Athens of America." After being moved south from New York City, Philadelphia became the official capital of the United States from 1790 to 1800 before the ultimate establishment of Washington DC. The iconic city was also the host of the First Continental Congress and site of the drafting of the American Constitution.
The late 18th century was a significant time in American History, and Pennsylvania was in a time of great transition. The region experienced great prosperity due to its flourishing agricultural economy, which produced surpluses of wheat, corn, and flax. This drove the ports around Philadelphia to also thrive, and it was the largest center of population in the United States at the time. This depiction is an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.