- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1796 Massachusetts Map Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1796 Massachusetts Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American cartographer and illustrator John Reid, this depiction of Massachusetts shows the state at a time of significant growth and prosperity. Boston had already been a pivotal meeting ground for the early Revolutionary thinkers and had itself been critical in the path to the American Revolution. Boston had been the scene for many of the most notable moments as Colonists pushed for independence and sovereignty, including the Boston Tea Party and the Battles of Lexington and Concord.
Following the Revolution, the state would find itself thriving with bustling ports in the Boston harbor and a significant agricultural economy in the western regions. Published by American cartographer and illustrator John Reid, the unique aesthetic of this map, while minimal, allows the viewer to gain a deeper understanding of the region at the close of the 18th century.
By the late 18th century, Massachusetts had become one of the leading manufacturing hubs in the fledgling nation, allowing for banking institutions to establish and creating even more significant development for the region. By 1796 Massachusetts had entered what is referred to as its Federalist Era, showing great support for the Federal Government and pushing for unification among the colonies leading up to the Revolution and advocating the ratification of the Constitution. One of the great Revolutionary thinkers, Bostonian John Adams, would become the second president in 1797 after serving as Vice President under George Washington. The importance of Massachusetts in the formation of the United States and the fight for independence cannot be underestimated.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.