- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1796 New Hampshire Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1796 New Hampshire Map . A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in both English and German, this unique depiction of New Hampshire in 1796 is a truly authentic piece of cartographical history. Produced by prolific German bookseller Carl Ernst Bohn, this map was created for German Audiences in Hamburg and would have served as a guide for immigrants who were flocking to the newly independent United States. The American Revolution had concluded a decade prior, and Germans would not have a democratic government until 1871. The State motto "Live Free or Die" stemmed from its fiercely independent spirit, and it was the first to establish a Constitution outside of the authority of Great Britain in 1776. New Hampshire's textile mills brought many immigrants from Germany, and the Amoskeag Mill on the banks of the Merrimack River became the largest textile mill in the world for a time. Manchester, NH saw the formation of a tight-knit German community and because New England had a smaller general population than larger cities like Boston, New York, or Philadelphia. These communities became crucial for new immigrants to get on their feet after making the journey to America. Mills in America were able to offer higher pay, and the religious freedom attracted Catholics and Protestants alike. These engravings allow historians to stitch together a deeper understanding of how the unique combination of place and people combine to create cultures. The distinctive aesthetic and style of this map transport the viewer back in time and allow a deeper connection to America's History. Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.