Produced by prolific American cartographer and illustrator John Reid, this depiction of Massachusetts shows the state at a time of significant growth and prosperity. Boston had already been a pivotal meeting ground for the early Revolutionary thinkers and had itself been critical in the path to the American Revolution. Boston had been the scene for many of the most notable moments as Colonists pushed for independence and sovereignty, including the Boston Tea Party and the Battles of Lexington and Concord.
Following the Revolution, the state would find itself thriving with bustling ports in the Boston harbor and a significant agricultural economy in the western regions. Published by American cartographer and illustrator John Reid, the unique aesthetic of this map, while minimal, allows the viewer to gain a deeper understanding of the region at the close of the 18th century.
By the late 18th century, Massachusetts had become one of the leading manufacturing hubs in the fledgling nation, allowing for banking institutions to establish and creating even more significant development for the region. By 1796 Massachusetts had entered what is referred to as its Federalist Era, showing great support for the Federal Government and pushing for unification among the colonies leading up to the Revolution and advocating the ratification of the Constitution. One of the great Revolutionary thinkers, Bostonian John Adams, would become the second president in 1797 after serving as Vice President under George Washington. The importance of Massachusetts in the formation of the United States and the fight for independence cannot be underestimated.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map Massachusetts reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1796 Map of Massachusetts . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1796 Map of Massachusetts . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.