- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1797 Ireland Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1797 Wall Map of Ireland Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published only four years prior to Ireland’s union with Great Britain following a failed attempt in 1799 and a challenge by Robert Emmet in the Irish Rebellion of 1803, which was halted by British forces. Ireland remained primarily agrarian and was passed by in the Industrial Revolution that was occurring in England at the time due to a lack of coal and other mineral resources. Ireland did sustain a thriving linen production industry and exported numerous crops to Scotland, and England respectively. By the middle of the nineteenth century, more than a million Irish had emigrated off the island predominantly to the United States and Canada. These immigrant groups established numerous communities throughout the Northeast in New York and Boston, creating neighborhoods based on cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
One of the most distinguishing facts of this unique piece of cartographical history is the blend of civil and ecclesiastical features, which demonstrates the long-running divide between Roman Catholics and Protestants. The two factions would continue their rivalry until the 1990s with the conclusion of the so-called Troubles, which saw violent clashes for nearly three decades between Catholic rebels and the British military.
This map's classic aesthetic and distinctive style immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. One of the most iconic places in Great Britain, Ireland’s rich history and storied past are a rich tapestry of traditional culture, classic architecture, and pastoral beauty.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.