- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1815 London England Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1815 Map of London Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced in the year following the conclusion of the War of 1812, this stunning depiction of the World’s largest city at the time portrays London in a period of cultural, economic, and political transformation. London was the heart of international trade and commerce. During the early nineteenth century, railroad lines sprung out of the city into rural England, allowing greater access for the transport of goods as well as the ability for country dwellers to flock to the city in search of work in the many manufacturing plants, docks, and other industries. Its port was the largest in the World, and with the British empire spanning the globe, goods from nearly every corner of the earth were traded throughout the city.
Shipbuilding was also an important economic driver with numerous builders producing massive sailing vessels on the River Thames. Published during the Georgian Era London’s culture was known for lavish feasts, bold fashion and was the period when the Industrial Revolution began. This period also saw the emergence of a wealthy middle class that began to gain political influence even amidst the Monarchy’s control.
Perhaps no other city is as iconic as London, and this period of transition would define the next century. As industrialization spread and the Monarchy shifted from the Hanoverian Kings to the Victorian Era, Britain’s influence was felt throughout the World. This map immediately transports the viewer back in time. Produced with great detail, this is truly an authentic piece of cartographical and World history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.