- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1818 Kentucky Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1818 State Map of Kentucky. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published twenty-five years after Kentucky's inclusion to the United States as the fifteenth state, this map was produced by prolific Kentucky surveyor Luke Munsell. This detailed illustration shows the country in a time of growth though it remained largely agrarian in the early 19th century. The state had been split from Virginia in its formation and became known for its rolling hills and Bourbon production. Bourbon, County Kentucky is the only location true Bourbon can be produced, and the state's robust corn cultivation spurred its distillation. Kentucky also relied on tobacco farming to support its economy.
Kentucky's largest city Louisville was a major shipping port, and the interstate travel allowed the city to flourish as ships had to be unloaded before continuing downriver due to the cities proximity to the Falls of Ohio. Louisville was a major Union stronghold during the Civil War, and the state remained firmly in the Union during the conflict.
The state's capital Frankfort was established in 1786 and is home to one of the oldest distilleries in America, Buffalo Trace, which was built in 1792. The state's coal mining industry was emerging during this period and would become one of the primary drivers of Kentucky's economy for the next century. The fertile soil of the Bluegrass pastures also supported rich agricultural interests. The deep history and rich heritage of Kentucky have endured through present day, and this illustration's distinctive aesthetic allows the viewer to be transported back in time.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.