- HISTORIC PHOTO REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1828 President George Washington Photo Print. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order photos are made in the USA and each print is inspected for quality. This historic photo is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage photos look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality photo print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper photos. We use high-end printing equipment with professional quality photo paper and ink. Our professional’s choice semi-gloss paper displays images beautifully.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1828 His Excellency George Washington Print Photo. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic photo and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This unframed print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our photos are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each photo is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid envelope/tube. The Historic Prints logo watermark will not appear in the printed photo.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old photos have tears, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance photos while keeping its historical character. All our photos are proudly made in the USA. Looking for a specific photo size? Please contact us. Customers all over the world love our vintage photos and we know you will too.
Based on his earlier work, known as the Athenaeum Portrait, this lithographic print by Gilbert Stuart remains one of the most iconic and enduring images of America's first president George Washington. It would later be used as a reference for the image of the $1 bill. Stuart produced numerous editions of the print that would go on to represent the legacy and significance of Washington's impact on the development of the United States in the years following the conclusion of the Revolutionary War. This print was produced by Pendleton Lithography, a Boston-based firm that was prolific during its short time in business.
This print represents the expansion of early American presidential history and immediately transports the viewer back in time, linking them to the heritage and importance of these formative years. The tradition of official presidential portraits remains one of the most culturally essential pieces of former leaders' legacies. While the Athenaeum Portrait was never completed, Stuart completed this illustration. However, the exact date of completion remains in question, with most historical scholars attributing it to a period between 1825 and 1828.
Washington remains one of America's most influential political figures and helped guide the nation in its earliest phases, establishing some historical precedents, including two-term presidencies. Washington was born in Colonial Virginia and was an influential leader in the years leading up to the revolution. Washington was among the founding fathers to author the Constitution and became a vocal opponent of British colonial rule in North America in the eighteenth century.