- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1829 Pennsylvania State Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1829 Map of Pennsylvania Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by prolific American cartographer Anthony Finley, this depiction of Pennsylvania shows the State in a period of growth and expansion. Thriving manufacturing, textile, and agricultural industries fueled a thriving economy, and the State's largest city Philadelphia was one of the most prominent American cities. The bustling port had allowed the city to sustain prosperity following the conclusion of the American Revolution. Philadelphia's port was established in the colonial period and was the busiest port until eventually being surpassed by New York in the middle of the 19th century.
The State was critical in the period leading up to the American Revolution, and Pennsylvania was the middle of the original thirteen colonies, earning it the 'Keystone State' moniker. Philadelphia had become one of the leading centers for Revolutionary sentiment spurred on by prominent citizens, including Benjamin Franklin. Franklin's essential contributions to the city saw the establishment of some of the first hospitals, libraries, and fire departments in North America.
The expansion of railroad systems allowed the states agricultural and shipping industries permitted greater access to the West, and Pennsylvania remained at the vanguard economically and culturally. Philadelphia was setting the standard for large cities in the nation, and immigrants were flocking to the city and State in huge numbers. Western Europeans seeking refuge from famine and civil unrest were flocking to the State and establishing communities throughout Pennsylvania. This distinctive depiction immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.