- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1829 Pennsylvania State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1829 Pennsylvania State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by prolific American cartographer Anthony Finley, this depiction of Pennsylvania shows the State in a period of growth and expansion. Thriving manufacturing, textile, and agricultural industries fueled a thriving economy, and the State's largest city Philadelphia was one of the most prominent American cities. The bustling port had allowed the city to sustain prosperity following the conclusion of the American Revolution. Philadelphia's port was established in the colonial period and was the busiest port until eventually being surpassed by New York in the middle of the 19th century.
The State was critical in the period leading up to the American Revolution, and Pennsylvania was the middle of the original thirteen colonies, earning it the 'Keystone State' moniker. Philadelphia had become one of the leading centers for Revolutionary sentiment spurred on by prominent citizens, including Benjamin Franklin. Franklin's essential contributions to the city saw the establishment of some of the first hospitals, libraries, and fire departments in North America.
The expansion of railroad systems allowed the states agricultural and shipping industries permitted greater access to the West, and Pennsylvania remained at the vanguard economically and culturally. Philadelphia was setting the standard for large cities in the nation, and immigrants were flocking to the city and State in huge numbers. Western Europeans seeking refuge from famine and civil unrest were flocking to the State and establishing communities throughout Pennsylvania. This distinctive depiction immediately transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage Pennsylvania map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.