Produced by prolific American cartographer and publisher Anthony Finley, this depiction of the smallest state in the Union shows it in a period of great prosperity and growth. Finley’s maps and atlases were popular during the period for their detail and distinctive aesthetic. By 1829 Rhode Island had experienced an immense period of growth due to the industrial revolution, and the state had developed a prosperous manufacturing economy with cities attracting immigrants from Northern Europe and Ireland due to famine and civil unrest, respectively. The water-powered mills in Rhode Island created a high demand for workers, and cities were densely populated as communities were established. By the 1820s, Providence was one of the most important manufacturing cities in the United States.
Rhode Island was the last of the 13 original colonies to ratify the Constitution and experienced relative peace during the American Revolution as British forces focused their efforts on New York. Though, Newport was occupied by British troops in 1877 before they started their campaign south.
Rhode Island joined the United States in 1790 and, similar to the ratification of the Constitution, was the last of the original colonies to join, indicating its deeply independent spirit. By the 1830s, many of those working in the factories and mills demanded voting reform as the state was still governed under its charter established in 1663, which required land ownership as the minimum standard for voting. This map immediately transports the viewer back in time and truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1829 Rhode Island State Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1829 Rhode Island State Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.