- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1832 Tennessee State Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1832 Tennessee Vintage Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This restored map of Tennessee is the 1832 edition, which is the first created from actual surveys. Early American cartographer Matthew Rhea is credited, and the map was drawn for the Tennessee Gazetteer. Officially instated into the union in 1796 as the 16th state, Tennessee’s rich history reaches back to pre-colonial times. The states significance in both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars cannot be diminished and any fan of American history will appreciate the significance of this first depiction of the true boundaries of Tennessee.
On Tennessee’s eastern border the Great Smoky Mountains National Park has attracted millions of tourists annually since its dedication in 1940 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. This shared border with North Carolina also contains southern portions of the Appalachian trail, considered the longest through hike in the world.
Our beautifully restored and enhanced map captures the long heritage that Tennessee holds and this museum quality print comes on heavy matte stock printed with archival ink. This handsome reproduction is the perfect gift for any lover of American history and makes a unique piece of decor for any home, office, classroom, or library.
In stunning clarity this map depicts the original ‘important roads,’ ‘common roads,’ and even includes state and county lines, Indian boundary lines, old forts, and Indian villages. This map transports the viewer back in time and presents a vision of the history of Tennessee and America that evokes a land in transition and the start of a more modern era.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.