- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1846 Florida Canvas Art Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1846 Old Florida Map Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Distinguished by four distinct regions this 1846 map of the State of Florida shows a land in a time of both growth and transformation. The significance of these regions to the history of the state is unique in that East Florida and West Florida were merged into a territory in 1822. Disputes with Spain and indigenous peoples continued throughout Middle Florida and South Florida. With the annexation of East and West Florida the territories were finally unified and Florida became the 27th state in 1845.
This was the first registered map depicting Florida as a unified state and includes borders with Georgia and Alabama showing the nation emerging into something recognizable as modern American geography. Home to Everglades National Park, the largest protected wilderness area east of the Mississippi, Florida has always been renowned as an outdoorsman’s paradise. Florida is also the site of the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum as the noted author made his home in the Florida Keys for more than a decade and wrote some of his most important works there. The museum attracts visitors from across the globe and is still home to his famous five toed cats.
Our museum quality, restored map is printed with archival ink on heavy matte stock and comes ready to frame in a sturdy cardboard tube ensuring safe travel and 100% satisfaction. This is the perfect gift for the outdoorsman, Hemingway fan, or historian in your life and makes the perfect addition to any office, lodge, library, or classroom.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.