- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1846 Florida Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1846 Florida Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Distinguished by four distinct regions this 1846 map of the State of Florida shows a land in a time of both growth and transformation. The significance of these regions to the history of the state is unique in that East Florida and West Florida were merged into a territory in 1822. Disputes with Spain and indigenous peoples continued throughout Middle Florida and South Florida. With the annexation of East and West Florida the territories were finally unified and Florida became the 27th state in 1845.
This was the first registered map depicting Florida as a unified state and includes borders with Georgia and Alabama showing the nation emerging into something recognizable as modern American geography. Home to Everglades National Park, the largest protected wilderness area east of the Mississippi, Florida has always been renowned as an outdoorsman’s paradise. Florida is also the site of the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum as the noted author made his home in the Florida Keys for more than a decade and wrote some of his most important works there. The museum attracts visitors from across the globe and is still home to his famous five toed cats.
Our museum quality, restored map is printed with archival ink on heavy matte stock and comes ready to frame in a sturdy cardboard tube ensuring safe travel and 100% satisfaction. This is the perfect gift for the outdoorsman, Hemingway fan, or historian in your life and makes the perfect addition to any office, lodge, library, or classroom.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.