- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You'll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1849 Trenton New Jersey Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional's choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1849 Trenton NJ Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Illustrated by noted German-born lithographer and artist Augustus Kollner this unique depiction of New Jersey's State Capital and one of the earliest established cities in North America shows Trenton, NJ, in a period of significant growth and transformation. First established in 1679 as a Quaker settlement, Trenton has a rich history and deep connections to America's formation. It was the site of Washington's first victory over Hessian troops in 1776 and continued to play a pivotal role during the War of 1812 and the American Civil War.
European immigrants flocked to the city during the nineteenth century, and by the middle of the 1800s, Trenton had experienced a population boom spurred on by thriving pottery and wire rope industries. These immigrants established neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines, and many still exist to this day.
Though New Jersey saw no battles during the Civil War, it supplied nearly ninety-thousand troops for the Union Forces and was an essential provider of munitions and agricultural products. Trenton's direct border with Philadelphia was significant as it developed throughout the nineteenth century and became part of the greater Philadelphia municipality. Trenton's location on the Delaware River allowed for a thriving import and export industry, which further diversified Trenton's population. Kollner was based in Philadelphia and became well known for his landscapes with works in the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art. This rare depiction of Trenton is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible link between past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.