- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1850 Italy Map Print. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1850 Antique Map of Italy Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This unique depiction of Italy is dated to circa 1850, though the exact publication date remains unknown. Produced and published by Litografia Corbetta, a Milan-based print house, it bears a unique aesthetic and signature style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the new and old world. Though an independent Kingdom would not be unified until 1861, the region has one of the oldest and most storied histories in Europe. In the same year, Victor Emmanuel II became the first King of Italy, and the capital moved from Turin to Florence in the central portion of the country. The nation's capital would become Rome in 1870 following the defeat of the Papal defenders by the newly formed army.
Unification efforts had begun in the early portions of the nineteenth century to liberate the different states of the peninsula from foreign control. The unsuccessful first war against Austrian rule was fought in 1848. In 1855 the Kingdom of Sardinia allied with Britain and France in the Crimean War, which gave the Kingdom political legitimacy and led to the second war of independence in 1859, which would ultimately lead to the ceding of Savoy and Nice to French powers.
The nineteenth century was a significant period of transformation for the region as many residents left Italy for American shores, establishing numerous communities throughout the Northeast and Midwest-based along cultural lines. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history of one of the most iconic regions.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.