- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1856 Sullivan County New York Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1856 Sullivan County New York Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Located in Southwestern New York and along the Pennsylvania border, Sullivan County is located in the iconic Catskill Mountains. Named after hero of the American Revolution John Sullivan. Sullivan served under General Washington in the defeat of British General Howe and Long Island, as well as engaging in battle through New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
As the country found itself nearing Civil War, Sullivan County provided a regiment for Union Forces led by John C. Holley. The conflict would never reach the county itself though they did provide munitions and troops for Union Forces.
The county became known as the Borscht Belt as immigrants from Eastern Europe flocked to the region for it’s thriving manufacturing and milling industries driven bu its proximity to the Delaware River. The region became known for its stunning natural scenery and saw the establishment of numerous hotels and resorts. During the mid 19th century the landscape would provide the setting for the popular Hudson River School of painting. The region has a long history of attracting artists, writers, and musicians.
Sullivan County was the site for the incomparable Woodstock festival in 1969 when nearly five hundred thousand attendees attended a four day festival featuring some of the most popular musical acts of the era and becoming an indelible part of American History.
The distinctive aesthetic and classic style of this illustration immediately transport the viewer back in time and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.