- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1856 Iowa Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1856 Iowa Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Iowa’s fertile soil drew settlers west, and the establishment of many farms and ranches throughout the state became its primary economic driver. The state is also known for its popular tradition of fairs, with the first fair being held in 1854, and has been held every year since, excluding during the Spanish American War, and World War II.
During the American Civil War, Iowa supplied Union troops with large supplies of food, and the state remained loyal to Union causes. Iowan farms produced a diverse range of crops, but corn was the most widely grown, with vast fields being planted for export to the growing cities in the midwest and east.
As railroads expanded and access became easier, Iowa saw growth in manufacturing industries as well, mostly producing farm equipment. Mineral reserves did not provide the stable economic opportunities found in agriculture, though some were making their livelihood in drilling for oil and mining lead and copper. The Hawkeye State, as it came to be known, saw an explosion of population growth following the Civil War swelling to over 1.5 million by 1880.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.