- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1857 Philadelphia Pennsylvania Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1857 Vintage Philadelphia Map Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
One of the oldest municipalities in the United States, Philadelphia remains one of the most iconic American cities. As the site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Philadelphia’s roles in the American Revolution can’t be understated. The Philadelphia Convention of 1787 marked the signing of the Constitution following the conclusion of the Revolutionary War. Several other significant events of the Revolution occurred in Philadelphia, including preserving the Liberty Bell, the First Continental Congress, the Siege of Fort Mifflin, and the Battle of Germantown. Philadelphia also served as the nation’s capital while Washington DC was under construction and was the largest city in the United States until 1790.
Philadelphia had become a major manufacturing center and railroad hub by the mid-nineteenth century. During this time, the city saw a massive influx of Irish and German immigrants who established communities and neighborhoods along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. Its location on the Schuylkill River made it one of the most important economic centers for the entire Delaware Valley, and it remains a significant producer. By 1857 Philadelphia was experiencing great prosperity and considerable transformation.
This birds-eye perspective offers stunning detail that captures the city in one of the most defining periods in the city’s rich history. Panoramic maps promoted a city’s prominent civic features and economic opportunities. This map is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.