- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1858 White Mountains Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1858 White Mountains Map of New Hampshire Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American cartographer and illustrator Harvey Boardman in 1858, this depiction of the White Mountains of New Hampshire was created to entice tourists to the famed mountains from Boston, New York, and Montreal. With the iconic Mount Washington peak being the highest in the Northeast, these mountains drew hundreds of artists there to paint them in the 19th century and was the setting for noted American author Nathaniel Hawthorne’s short story The Great Carbuncle.
Many of the early maps were produced to attract tourists, and the region has long relied on tourism as an economic driver. Depicting roads, carriageways, and local hotels, these maps served as enticements for tourists and noted topographical details as well. Famed for its ski resorts, the White Mountains are home to some of the best slopes in the United States.
The conclusion of the famous Appalachian trail starts in the southern portion to the mountains and marks the change from a relatively flat through-hike to more rugged and steep terrain. The trail is one of the longest through hikes in the world and attracts thousands of hikers annually. When combined with unpredictable weather, the highest peaks in the Presidential Range create some of the harshest climates for mountaineering and are used as training grounds for expeditions preparing for K2 and Mount Everest.
The Mount Washington Cog Railway is the nation’s first mountain ascending cog railway and is still in operation today. An authentic piece of cartographical history, the distinctive aesthetic transports the viewer back in time.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.