- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1858 Old White Mountains Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1858 White Mountains Map of New Hampshire Wall Art . A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American cartographer and illustrator Harvey Boardman in 1858, this depiction of the White Mountains of New Hampshire was created to entice tourists to the famed mountains from Boston, New York, and Montreal. With the iconic Mount Washington peak being the highest in the Northeast, these mountains drew hundreds of artists there to paint them in the 19th century and was the setting for noted American author Nathaniel Hawthorne’s short story The Great Carbuncle.
Many of the early maps were produced to attract tourists, and the region has long relied on tourism as an economic driver. Depicting roads, carriageways, and local hotels, these maps served as enticements for tourists and noted topographical details as well. Famed for its ski resorts, the White Mountains are home to some of the best slopes in the United States.
The conclusion of the famous Appalachian trail starts in the southern portion to the mountains and marks the change from a relatively flat through-hike to more rugged and steep terrain. The trail is one of the longest through hikes in the world and attracts thousands of hikers annually. When combined with unpredictable weather, the highest peaks in the Presidential Range create some of the harshest climates for mountaineering and are used as training grounds for expeditions preparing for K2 and Mount Everest.
The Mount Washington Cog Railway is the nation’s first mountain ascending cog railway and is still in operation today. An authentic piece of cartographical history, the distinctive aesthetic transports the viewer back in time.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.