- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1859 Mount Vernon Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1859 Mount Vernon Virginia Map Print. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Perhaps one of the most iconic private residences in America, Mt. Vernon was the home of First President George Washington, from 1764 until his death in 1799. Located on the banks of the Potomac River near Alexandria, the estate has been visited for over two hundred years and was acquired by the Mount Vernon Ladies Association in 1858. Unlike many other similar estates throughout Virginia and much of the South, the grounds escaped any damage during the Civil War. Mount Vernon was a neutral site for Union and Confederacy troops during the Civil War, and troops left their arms behind before entering the estate.
Mount Vernon was given a National Historic Landmark designation in 1960, one hundred years after its initial opening to the public, and remains owned and operated by the Association. This birds-eye perspective bears a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. These depictions were among the most popular illustration of cities, towns, and notable buildings throughout the nineteenth century and would remain so until the advent of aerial photography in the 1920s.
In 1878 steamboats began ferrying visitors via the Potomac, and later, the Alexandria and Mount Vernon Electric Railway offered service between the city and the estate, further expanding access. The property had been in the Washington family since 1690. This is an authentic piece of both American History and cartographical history with significant ties to America’s distinct culture.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.