- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1860 Central Park New York Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1860 NYC Central Park Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published some sixteen years before the completion of the iconic park, this stunning depiction of Central Park illustrates the significance and importance of one of New York’s most recognizable features. The first proposals for the park came in the 1840s, and its size and location have made it a model followed by many international urban parks. It is the most visited urban park in the United States and remains one of the most enduring symbols of New York City. During the early portions of the nineteenth century, New York’s population quadrupled, and the demand for public green spaces increased as a way to escape the density of the city, which was primarily concentrated on Lower Manhattan.
This birds-eye perspective bears a signature style and unique aesthetic that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This depiction would have served to increase public excitement over the park’s construction and to illustrate the overall plan and prominent features that were proposed. The thirty-four thousand lots that would become the park were purchased in 1855, and by 1857, the land was being cleared and prepared for the vast construction project, which was completed in phases.
The portion south of 79th street had been completed by 1860, and construction continued during the American Civil War, though only three major structures would be completed during this period. This is an authentic piece of New York’s cultural fabric and captures a significant moment in its rich history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.