- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1861 United States Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1861 Map of The United States. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This military map produced at the beginning of the Civil War illustrates strategic ports and military installations. Illustrated and published by prominent lithographer and mapmaker Peter Duval, this map is a compilation of public data and allowed military leaders to prepare a strategy for the conflict that would reshape American history forever.
The secession of the southern states in 1861 marked a turning point in an already tense time, and the Union military had readied itself to combat the insurgent South. The loose organization of the Confederate States had called on men from across the South to bear arms and prepare for the inevitable invasion by Union forces.
Shortly after Lincoln’s election, secessionist forces attacked Fort Sumter in South Carolina, and the war officially broke out in April of 1861. The US Navy at the beginning of the war was enlarged to six thousand officers and forty-five thousand enlisted men and became a crucial part of the Union’s success. By establishing and maintaining blockades, the Union gained a valuable upper hand on the ports that were essential for the Southern states, critically establishing a Union presence at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
The Civil War allowed for the development of what would become the modern US Navy and the construction of well-armored ironclad warships as the war had broken out at the beginning of the industrial revolution. The distinct aesthetic and wealth of information provided by this map offer the viewer a glimpse into the past, and it is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.