- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1863 Alexandria Virginia Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1863 Alexandria Map of Virginia Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the earlier proponents of the birds eye perspective style, Charles Magnus, this stunning depiction shows one of the most iconic areas in the United States in a period of significant growth and transformation. He became well known during the American Civil War for his patriotic prints of Washington and Lincoln, and his work is noted for its use of the highest quality printing processes available. Alexandria was the site of the first casualties of the Civil War, and it remained an important location throughout the conflict. Its location on the western banks of the Potomac River, only six miles south of Washington DC, has contributed to its growth and economy since the early portions of the nineteenth century.
The city remained occupied by Union troops for the duration of the Civil War. This stunning depiction shows the city in a period of significant transformation during the middle of the war. Magnus’ artists often used similar styles, and their unique aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Much like most of the region, the city’s economy is largely dependent on the Federal Government and the Department of Defense, though in the latter portion of the nineteenth century, a thriving glass, brewing, and bottling industry spurred growth. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures a pivotal moment in Alexandria’s rich history as the Civil War continued to wage for two more years.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.