- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1863 Virginia & West Virginia Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1863 Map of Virginia and West Virginia Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in the middle of the American Civil War, this depiction of the countries of both Virginia and West Virginia shows the states in a period of significant transition. West Virginia had completed its secession from Virginia in 1861 and was admitted unto the Union during the Civil War in 1863. Both states would see numerous conflicts during the four years of war. Virginia had finalized its vote for secession in 1861, and the ensuing years would mark a long, tumultuous period in American History.
Produced from surveys, American geographer Samuel Augustus Mitchell created this full map of the counties in both states, and forces would have utilized maps of this nature on both sides during the Civil War. By 1863 the war was in full swing, and Lincoln announced the Emancipation Proclamation. Both states' western regions remain relatively peaceful during the conflict, with most of the battles occurring in their eastern portions.
His distinctive illustration is useful for historians to develop a scope of the growth and evolution of towns, cities, and counties. Both states were mostly agrarian throughout the nineteenth century, but Virginia did have some manufacturing and shipping industry developing in its Eastern regions. With the Union divided, most production in both the Northern and Southern states had focused on producing goods to be used by troops on the frontlines. The distinct aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time and links to the past; this is an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.