Widely considered the turning point in the American Civil War, the Battle of Gettysburg was a brutal clash the resulted in the most casualties of the war. Over three days, the Union led by General George Meade held off the southern invasion led by General Robert E. Lee. The battle was the culmination of a campaign made by Lee to push the Union further north out of war-ravaged Virginia and establish the South in Pennsylvania.
President Lincoln used the site of the battleground to deliver the historic Gettysburg Address, which came to be known as one of the most influential and forceful pieces to define American values.
This map, produced in 1863, depicts the battle lines at 2 pm on the second day of battle when both armies had fully assembled. Incredibly detailed, the illustrations include drainage, division commanders for the Union army, vegetation, and even houses and stone walls.
The second day of battle saw both armies re-adjusting and bringing in reinforcements. By illustrating where each division or corps was located on this pivotal day, this map was created as a piece of American military history to portray the significance or location as it pertains to battle. These details create a deep sense of connection and allow the viewer to get a visceral sense of the fight by visualizing it with such tangible clarity. The topography is an essential factor in battle, and the hachure indicating high ground and drainage allows the viewer to understand the land and the battle in a more profound way.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1863 Map of the Battle of Gettysburg Pennsylvania . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1863 Map of the Battle of Gettysburg Pennsylvania . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.