- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1864 Chambersburg Pennsylvania Poster Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1864 Chambersburg Vintage Pennsylvania Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the most prolific cartographers of the nineteenth and twentieth century, T.M. Fowler, this unique depiction of Chambersburg, PA, shows the city in a critical moment in its rich history. Birds eye perspectives bear a distinctive style and classic aesthetic that makes them immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Fowler was among a select few who were responsible for creating more than half of all panoramic maps during this period. With a career spanning more than five decades, Fowler has remained one of the era's most prominent and regarded mapmakers.
Chambersburg was invaded by rebel forces three times during the Civil War and was burned by the Confederacy in 1864. This map was created to commemorate this event and illustrate prominent civic buildings, religious and educational institutions, as well as cultural landmarks that were present prior to the destruction. Panoramic maps were created as marketing materials to attract residents and merchants alike. The city was rebuilt throughout the latter portions of the nineteenth century, and the dedication of the Memorial Fountain in the town center became a part of the town's history, and annual memorials are held every July 30 to mark the event.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history with deep bonds to the growth and transformation of the nation throughout the nineteenth century. Chambersburg remains a thriving, historically significant town at the midpoint between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.