- HISTORIC PHOTO REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1864 General Ulysses Grant Photo Print. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order photos are made in the USA and each print is inspected for quality. This historic photo is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage photos look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality photo print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper photos. We use high-end printing equipment with professional quality photo paper and ink. Our professional’s choice semi-gloss paper displays images beautifully.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1864 Ulysses S Grant Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic photo and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 8 x 10 Inch unframed print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our photos are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each photo is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid envelope. The Historic Prints logo watermark will not appear in the printed photo.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old photos have tears, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance photos while keeping its historical character. All our photos are proudly made in the USA. Looking for a specific photo size? Please contact us. Customers all over the world love our vintage photos and we know you will too.
HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old photos have tears, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance photos while keeping its historical character. All our photos are proudly made in the USA. Looking for a specific photo size? Please contact us. Customers all over the world love our vintage photos and we know you will too.
This photograph of Union General Ulysses S. Grant was taken late in the American Civil War as Grant and his troops progressed South into Confederacy land to launch an unsuccessful attack on troops under Confederate leader Robert E. Lee. Cold Harbor was located only ten miles north of the Confederate Capital, Richmond. This silver gelatin photograph is not only an iconic image of Grant but represents some of the earliest instances of photos becoming increasingly common as technology advanced in the latter portions of the nineteenth century. The Battle of Cold Harbor began on May 31 and ended on June 12, 1864.
Grant was a commanding general for the Union and a significant leader who played a pivotal role in the Union's defeat of Confederate forces. Grant would go on to become President in 1869 and serve until 1877. Grant's military legacy is marked by the surrender of General Lee at Appomattox, which is largely considered the end of the American Civil War. However, some states would not receive the news until months later. President Grant is credited with stabilizing the economy after the war and bringing the union back together. Following his retirement from public service, Grant became the first Ex-President to circumnavigate the globe.
Photography in the 1860s represented a huge technological advancement for portraits which were still the predominant way to document historical figures. This iconic photo represents Grant's determination and resilience during the Civil War and the perseverance of Union forces to prevail over the Confederacy.