- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1865 Map of New York Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1865 NYC Canvas Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published the same year as the Confederacy admitted defeat to Union Forces, this birds eye perspective depicts New York City at a pivotal point in its history. The bustling port had been a fruitful ground for Union recruiting, and many Irish immigrants found themselves joining the ranks to head south and clash with Confederate forces. The years following the close of the Civil War saw a population boom for the city, and many Europeans made their homes in New York City with the population nearing one million by the end of the decade.
By the 1860s, New York City had emerged as the financial, cultural, trade, and communication leader of the United States. Because of this growth and prosperity, residents started to inhabit land outside the island of Manhattan. These new neighborhoods, composed mostly of immigrants, would go on to become some of the most diverse and iconic boroughs, an accurate representation of the melting pot that would come to define the United States. The late 19th century was a time of progress for the city and would start to define its place in the modern era.
Produced by prolific Swiss-born lithographer John Bachmann this lithographic print would have been displayed in a show of civic pride by residents and merchants alike. Bachmann’s work was well received in the late 19th century, and this is a truly authentic piece of cartographical history. The distinctive aesthetic and detail of this portrayal provide the viewer with a sense of the grandeur that the city had developed and the scope of its density and development.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.