- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1867 Minneapolis & Saint Anthony Minnesota Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1867 Map of Minneapolis Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by one of the pioneers of the form, Albert Ruger, this birds-eye perspective is a prime example of nineteenth-century publications that illustrate cities across the United States as they prosper and grow. These maps were created as marketing materials to entice residents and merchants alike by promoting notable civic features and private and public buildings. Ruger was one of the first artists to begin producing such maps in the middle portion of the nineteenth century. Ruger went on to form the Merchants Lithography Company with a partner in the late 1860s after achieving success as a sole proprietor.
This map was published only five years before the entire city of Saint Anthony was annexed by Minneapolis, and much of the surrounding area would remain unincorporated until becoming an official village in 1945. Minneapolis is the most populated city in Minnesota and lies on both banks of the iconic Mississippi River. Fort Snelling was completed in 1819 and attracted settlers, merchants, and traders, which would form the early neighborhoods that would eventually define the city in the modern era.
A thriving lumber industry saw the region prosper, and by the time of the American Civil War, the area was experiencing a period of significant prosperity, growth, and cultural evolution. Many of the settlers in the region came from Northern European countries and brought their unique traditions and cultural norms with them as they made roots in the city. Neighborhoods founded along these cultural lines were created, many of which exist to this day.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.