- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1867 New Mexico State Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1867 Wall Map of New Mexico Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published only two years following the conclusion of the American Civil War, this government-produced depiction shows the Territory in a time of great transition and development. The region had become a United States territory in 1850, though it would not achieve statehood until 1912. The Confederate Arizona Territory had split off from the rest of the Territory in 1861 and would become modern-day Arizona.
During the Civil War, the Confederacy claimed the southern portion of the state and attempted to control access to Union held California. These attempts proved unsuccessful, and the campaign was ended in the Union victory at the Battle of Glorieta Pass. The battle raged from March 26-28 in the north of the Territory and has been dubbed the “Gettysburg of the West.” Confederate forces were forced to retreat into Texas, and the defeat allowed California to continue shipping valuable resources East to support the Union efforts. Ultimately some seven thousand troops from the Arizona territory would join the Union.
Control of the southern borders of the Territory proved crucial in the Union victory. The Territory was sparsely populated and mostly agrarian as vast mineral resources had yet to be discovered. This sparse population led to a reluctant Congress not making efforts to include the Territory as a State. The distinctive aesthetic of this map immediately transports the viewer back in time. The United States Topographical Bureau maps were critical in settlement of the American West, and this is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.