- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1867 Columbus Ohio Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1867 Columbus Ohio Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced and published by prolific and lauded American lithographer JT Palamatry, this stunning bride eye perspective of Columbus shows the city in a period of significant growth and transition following the conclusion of the Civil War some two years prior. Columbus had been a substantial outpost for Union forces during the war, with some twenty-six thousand troops stationed in the city throughout the war. In the previous decade, the expansion of rail lines through the city expanded population and neighborhoods were established throughout, many of which still retain their original cultural heritage.
Founded in 1812 at the confluence of the Olentangy and Scioto Rivers, Columbus became Ohio’s capital in 1816. Columbus was one of the major midwest manufacturing centers during the second half of the nineteenth century and experienced a significant amount of immigration in the late 1860s. German, Irish, and Eastern European settlers flocked to the city eager for work in its many mills, meat packing factories, and other manufacturing plants. The Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College was founded in 1870 and would later become modern-day Ohio State University.
Bird’s eye perspectives were produced to attract residents and merchants alike by highlighting a city’s notable spaces, civil building, educational institutions, and prominent business. They were also displayed in a show of civic pride. These were among the most popular illustrations of their time, and the distinctive aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time. This unique depiction of Columbus is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.