- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1868 Elyria Ohio Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1868 Elyria Map of Ohio Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Founded in 1817 and now part of the greater Cleveland Metropolitan area, Elyria is situated on the forks of the Black River and, by 1868, had experienced significant economic and cultural growth. The town featured numerous mills which attracted Western European immigrants who established neighborhoods and communities based on cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. Following the conclusion of the American Civil War, Elyria had experienced another period of growth; as the nation began efforts to rebuild and demand for goods increased, many towns and cities found their factories operating at unprecedented levels.
This birds eye perspective was produced by Albert Ruger, an early pioneer of the form, and is one of the earlier publications done in this style. Panoramic maps were used as marketing materials to attract residents and merchants alike and featured prominent civic buildings and economic opportunities. The thriving manufacturing industry was leading to significant prosperity as the Industrial Revolution saw factories and plants attracting workers from agricultural regions to urban centers eager for work. This would continue until the turn of the twentieth century, when Elyria’s population would grow past eight thousand.
This is an authentic work of nineteenth-century cartographical history with a unique aesthetic and classic design that immediately transports the viewer back in time. It captures Elyria in a period of significant transformation as the United States became more modern and advances in construction and technology transformed daily life. Ruger would go on to produce numerous panoramic maps across America.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.