- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1869 Champaign Illinois Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1869 Champaign Map of Illinois. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the early pioneers of the birds eye perspective style, Albert Ruger, this stunning depiction of Champaign, Illinois, shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War. Founded in 1855, Champaign enjoyed considerable prosperity from its early years and attracted numerous groups of immigrants who established neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. It’s also home to the iconic Illinois State University, which was established two years prior to this map’s publication.
Birdseye perspectives were widely popular during the mid-nineteenth century until the 1920s when technological advances made aerial photography possible. Their unique style and distinctive aesthetic make them immediately recognizable and transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. They served as marketing materials to promote prominent civic features, religious and educational institutions, as well as other notable economic opportunities to attract residents and merchants alike. The considerable growth continued through the twentieth century as the city became a thriving hub for higher education and industry with the expansion of rail lines throughout central Illinois.
The latter portions of the nineteenth century saw the city become one of the largest in Illinois, and it has undergone a transformation in recent decades to revitalize the historic downtown. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures a distinct picture in Champaign’s rich and important history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.